Article on Electronic Commerce with a few too many

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM dlv at bwalk.dm.com
Mon Aug 12 23:32:40 PDT 1996

jim bell <jimbell at pacifier.com> writes:
> I too find this concept offensive, at least to the extent that it is kept a
> secret from the marketplace. Even so, as a libertarian and free-market
> capitalist, I certainly see nothing wrong with "allowing such behavior," and
> indeed  I'd see something wrong with NOT "allowing" it.  Nevertheless, to
> the extent it occurs it should be well understood and identified for what it
> is.

This reminds me of the recent revelation how a major disposable lens maker
was marketing three lines of lenses: cheap ones, good for a few days;
medium ones, good for a week; very expensive ones, good for a month.
You guessed it - the lenses inside the packaging were identical.

(I find that most self-described "libertarians" are actually fucking statists.)

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM