National Socio-Economic Security Need for Encryption Technology

Bart Croughs bart.croughs at tip.nl
Mon Aug 12 21:54:06 PDT 1996

Arun Mehta wrote:

>Indeed. Bart makes a very remarkable assumption, which is that the total
>amount of capital in the fastest growing industry in human history  is constant.

I didn't make this assumption. When I say that when capital leaves the US, the amount of capital in the US will be lower, I mean that the amount of capital will be lower than it otherwise would have been. It will be *relatively* lower, and so the wages in the US will be *relatively* lower than when when the capital wouldn't have left the US. Of course, absolutely speaking the wages could still become higher. I thought this was so obvious that I didn't make this explicit.

Bart Croughs