Oregon License Plate Site in the News Tonight!

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 11 18:51:42 PDT 1996

>This brings up an interesting point.  Is it poosible to obtain the list of
>all the individuals/corporations that have purchaced the list of DMV
>information and post *THAT* information to the net.  I think that people
>would be surprised just who uses that information and for what...

Many states have open records laws, and Oregon seems like the type
that would.  You might try asking your Legislator's (or their staff) first
before going to the DMV, since Legislators are more likely to say
"Yes, we're helpful and friendly and like interacting with the public",
while DMV bureaucrats say things like "No" and "Go stand in line, peon".

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts at ix.netcom.com
# <A HREF="http://idiom.com/~wcs"> 	Defuse Authority!