John Gilmore on the Radio!

P. J. Ponder ponder at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Fri Aug 9 16:37:14 PDT 1996

Today at lunchtime in the Eastern Time Zone, the radio show Real
Computing with John C. Dvorak had John Gilmore as a guest, and Dvorak
asked several questions about the US federal case against Phil
Zimmerman.  Surprising how little Dvorak knew about the issues,
especially considering he's a pretty bright guy and up-to-speed with the
technology.  He asked JG [paraphrasing] - now that the government case
against PRZ is dropped, what else is the Electronic Frontier Foundation
(of which Gilmore is a board member) taking up as its next 'cause'?

The implication was that the 'crypto thing' is settled and we can move on
to other issues.

This may have been a rebroadcast of an earlier show, I don't know.

Gilmore was referred to by Dvorak as the head of the cypherpunks a few
times.