Why should we trust the system?

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Aug 9 13:12:12 PDT 1996

At 3:19 PM 8/9/96, Anonymous wrote:

>Further, my original question, phoned in anonymously to the FBI,
>mailed in anonymously to this list, and asked to the media (I
>guess I like wasting my time) has never been either asked or
>answered. I will restate it in stronger terms:
>"Why the hell, when you have a tape of the perp. saying something,
>do you not air it in the middle of a city chock full of people
>who could very well know this guy's voice/mannerisms?" Why didn't
>the media ask for it, and then give the answer (the fibbieclerk
>had no answer at all for me) the FBI gave?? Am I missing something?
>We hear 911 tapes ALL THE TIME of various stuff happening. Has the
>FBI suddenly become a bunch of civil liberties activists WRT the
>privacy of terrorist bombers?
>Just asking.

This is the single best suggestion/question I have heard about this entire case!

Why, indeed, has the 911 threat not been aired publically, where someone
might recognize the voice as being that of their brother, or boss, or
whatever? And might hear immediately that whomever it is, it ain't Richard
Jewell.

If any of you cyber-journalists who hang out here in the wings on
Cypherpunks, collecting material for stories, are reading this, please ask
your journalists covering the Atlanta bombing about this.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!