Why should we trust the system?

Anonymous nobody at zifi.genetics.utah.edu
Fri Aug 9 11:38:37 PDT 1996

jim bell <jimbell at pacifier.com> wrote:

>When supporting plans like GAK ("key escrow") and wiretaps...

<snip>

>If we allow this fiasco to die without a full analysis,
>particularly in light of the government's repeated assurances
>with regards to search warrants, we will be as incompetent as
>the police were.

Further, my original question, phoned in anonymously to the FBI,
mailed in anonymously to this list, and asked to the media (I
guess I like wasting my time) has never been either asked or
answered. I will restate it in stronger terms:
"Why the hell, when you have a tape of the perp. saying something,
do you not air it in the middle of a city chock full of people
who could very well know this guy's voice/mannerisms?" Why didn't
the media ask for it, and then give the answer (the fibbieclerk
had no answer at all for me) the FBI gave?? Am I missing something?
We hear 911 tapes ALL THE TIME of various stuff happening. Has the
FBI suddenly become a bunch of civil liberties activists WRT the
privacy of terrorist bombers?
Just asking.
me