photographed license plates

i am not a number! geeman at best.com
Fri Aug 9 11:27:55 PDT 1996

At 21:55 8/8/96, i am not a number! wrote:
>CBS radio news this morning: 80,000 commuters traveling the central
>f'way in SF will have information mailed to them regarding the quake
>retrofit blah blah.
>
>How?  Their license plates have been photographed.
>... and the cheery "news" anchorwoman sweetly moved on to the next
>story.....

>> You *are* making this up, right? Please say you did.

I AM NOT making this up, unfortunately.
The news story contents may be bolluxed, of course, maybe they got it
wrong.
But this is what she said, no joking.

O, and I think they're talking more about putting up cameras at some
troubling intersections to take pictures of cars running red-lights.

And cameras on transit vehicles (buses primarily).

Gee, I am starting to feel so warm and safe!