Imprisoned for Not Having a Gun?

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Aug 9 03:50:23 PDT 1996

At 6:57 AM 8/9/96, The Deviant wrote:

>I agree with you.  I don't have anything against guns, but either
>requiring them or disallowing them is just plain dumb.  It should be
>noted that the Supreme Court's interpretaion of "Congress shall make no
>law" is basicly "no lawmaking body that holds any jurisdiction shall make
>no law"...

On this last point, I used to think so, too. However, one of the law
professors on one of these lists gave various examples purporting to show
that this is not so, that local jurisdictions can and do pass laws which
Congress is not permitted to pass.

If they read this, they can comment.

--Tim

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!