Oregon License Plate Site in the News Tonight!

Alan alano at teleport.com
Thu Aug 8 03:17:41 PDT 1996

On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, Timothy C. May wrote:

> Cypherpunks make the news again.
>
> I'm watching the LA NBC news channel, and they report that the Oregon "look
> up any license plate" Web site is causing a flap. Though apparently legal,
> the critics admit, the Governor wants the material removed.

It also hit the front page of the Oregonian (Portland's most stogy
newspaper).  They had a quote from the person who put up the page claiming
his reasons behind it was "that he did not like all those anonymous drivers
out there able to act however they wanted".

It will be interesting to see the state come out on the side of all those
anonymous drivers.