Mena

Brad Dolan bdolan at use.usit.net
Thu Aug 8 00:09:54 PDT 1996

Wall Street Journal, 5/3/94:

"Our sources agree ... on a number of things:
There was most likely a CIA-sponsored Contra operation run out of Mena,
as well as a huge parallel cocaine-smuggling operation, money laundering
and a Justice Department coverup.  Much of this happened on Mr. Clinton's
watch as governor."

[...]

"Mr. Clinton was asked by a state prosecutor for help to pursue the case ...
Help was promised but never arrived."

[...]

"Mena is a perplexing and difficult story.  There is a trail - tens of
millions of dollars in cocaine profits, and we don't know where it
leads.  It is a trail that has been blocked by the National Security
Council."

- letter from Bill Plante, CBS News Correspondent and
              Michael Singer, Producer, CBS News

On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, John Young wrote:

>    The Washington Post, August 7, 1996, p. A6.
>

>    CIA Probed in Alleged Arms Shipments
>
>       Reports Claim Agents Involved in Arkansas-Nicaragua Drug
>       Swaps
[...]