Corporate e-mail poli

harka at nycmetro.com harka at nycmetro.com
Wed Aug 7 23:45:20 PDT 1996

 * Carbons sent to: In: jims at mpgn.com

 -=> Quoting In:jims at mpgn.com to Harka <=-

 In> The whole question comes down to this:
 In> Is a collection of words written from an employee to another
 In> individual property of the company when it was written, edited,
 In> and transmitted by company equipment.

I think, a 'collection of words', especially when exchanged on a personal level should be regarded as 'intellectual property' and thus should be protected from outsiders.
The technical means of physically creating (i.e. writing) and transmitting the words are secondary for above all they are thoughts, that are meant to be exchanged from one mind to another. It is too natural a thing to be subjected to invasion.

Harka

... Not tonight, dear.  I have a modem.
___ Blue Wave/386 v2.30 [NR]