FCPUNX:DoubleClick: Does is track browsing across multiple sites?

It Is I Raksha Who Answer raksha at brainlink.com
Wed Aug 7 23:37:57 PDT 1996

On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Anne Eisenberg wrote:

> *Does anyone know whether DoubleClick really is tracking browsing patterns
> across multiple sites?  They claim to be able to do this; is it just
> advertising hype, or does anyone have knowledge of its actually doing so?
> Many thanks.
>
> Anne Eisenberg
> aeisenb at duke.poly.edu

Hi Anne, nice to see you again. :-)

I was involved in the setup of the DoubleClick system while contracting
out to Poppe Tyson, who are partnered with them and located in the same
building. Poppe Tyson hosts many web sites for their advertising accounts.

When I was there, they were carrying T. Rowe Price; Chrysler; Pepsi;
Siemens; Valvoline; LensCrafters; and the list goes on. Because the two
networks are located in the same building and the two firms working
together, it is very possible for DoubleClick to be able to scan the sites
that poppe.com supports.

--
                                ()()()()()   "The ubiquitous cut, the
    Self possession is   ]{      |BTCOMH|-|  exotic join..." -- J. Valley