Internal Passports

Marshall Clow mclow at owl.csusm.edu
Tue Aug 6 11:45:31 PDT 1996

At 9:47 PM -0700 8/5/96, John F. Fricker wrote:
>Hmmm. Actually a long time ago I lost my job with Greenpeace out of refusal
>to sign an I-9 which was in '86 the Department of Justice's form to exhibit
>eligibility to work in the US. The form required that I present two pieces
>of photo identification or a driver's license to be authenticated by my
>employer. Maybe it's a CA state law that adds an additional skin tone
>criterium to for the filing of an I-9.

I have found that promising to provide the necessary docs, and then failing to do so, is the least confrontational and most effective way around this.

"Delay is the deadliest form of denial"

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Aladdin Systems   <mailto:mclow at mailhost2.csusm.edu>

"We're not gonna take it/Never did and never will
We're not gonna take it/Gonna break it, gonna shake it,
let's forget it better still" -- The Who, "Tommy"