FYI: CTST Conference Proceedings

Marshall Clow mclow at owl.csusm.edu
Sat Aug 3 12:20:05 PDT 1996

I received thei week an advertisment for the 1996 CardTech/SecureTech conference proceedings.
These people have a web site at <http://www.ctst.com>, but it's really lame.
(It doesn't contain this table of contents, for example)

Since I am not building/using/designing smart card technology right now, I won't be buying it.
However, the some of the titles caught my eye:

Does anyone have access to this kind of stuff, and would they be willing to post a summary?

Here's a (partial) TOC:

Volume 1 - Technology

Changing the face of Money
    The Legislature's Perspective on the Future of Money
    Legal and Regulatory Challenges on the Development of Digital Money
    Privacy and American Business

Introduction to Card and Identification Technology

Advanced Identification Technology Workshop
    Advances in Signature Verification
    A Proposed Standard for Biometric Decidability
    New Imaging Technology Enables Non-intrusive Credit Card Fraud Prevention
    Secure Private Key Generation using a Finderprint
    Photo-ID Encryption and Pattern Recognition for Counterfeit Resistance
   The Voice Password(tm) Chip Low-Cost Biometric Security
   A Direct Fingerprint Reader

Smart Card Technology Seminar

Magnetic Stripe Card Technology Seminar

Biometric Technology Seminar

Optical Memory Card Technology Seminar

RFID Technology Seminar

PC Card Technology Seminar

2-D Bar Code Technology Seminar

Volume 2 -- Applications

Stored Value Card Applications Seminar

Telecommunications Applications Seminar

Government Applications Seminar
    Go Beyond Security -- Build in Privacy: One Does Not Equal The Other
    A Citizen Card for Europe
    The Spanish Social Security Card Project (TASS)
    Government Cards and the Information Age

Information Security Applications Seminar

Physical Security Applications Seminar

Financial Applications Seminar

Retail & Loyalty Applications Seminar

Large Scale Identifications Seminar
    What's New in Licensing and Department Motor Vehicles Applications
    Welfare ID at the Point of Transactions Using Fingerprints & 2D Bar Codes
    INS Card Production Strategies and Initiaitives
    Counterfeiting of Cards
    Korean IC Card Market and Trends of Development and Investment
    Campus-Wide CardIssuance at the State University of New York
    National ID Programs Around the World
    Trends in National ID Programs
    The Future of Large Scale Identification Applications

Health Care Applications Seminar

Transportation Applications Seminar

University Applications Seminar

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Aladdin Systems   <mailto:mclow at mailhost2.csusm.edu>

"We're not gonna take it/Never did and never will
We're not gonna take it/Gonna break it, gonna shake it,
let's forget it better still" -- The Who, "Tommy"