[off-topic] roving wiretaps (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Fri Aug 2 19:29:53 PDT 1996

Hi,

Forwarded message:

> Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 16:41:17 -0700
> From: Cerridwyn Llewyellyn <ceridwyn at wolfenet.com>
> Subject: Re: [off-topic] roving wiretaps

> A sophisticated land line wiretap that will not be detectable by the
> average citizen will cost well over $500, plus you have to install it
> without the target knowing, etc.

It costs nothing, it is already built into the switch at part of the
standard diagnostics. I spent 5 years at the University of Texas at Austin
working in security and part of my job was support of the NT switch. You
go to the switch put a butt-set or recorder on the diag port and route
the call data over to that port.

                                                  Jim Choate