fbi, crypto, and defcon

Paul J. Bell pjb at ny.ubs.com
Fri Aug 2 09:04:51 PDT 1996

i, for one, and perhaps others on the list as well, would be interested in hearing
what you mean when you say, "At&t, Microsoft, etc) who are ripping people off on a
daily basis".

for example, in what way is AT&T ripping people off? and what about
microsoft?

i have no use at all for microsoft, and, being a unix person i don't even
use their stuff, but, i wonder how many people use word, excel, powerpoint, etc
that they ripped-off from someone else, without paying microsoft what they are
due for having developed the products.

in general, i suspect that the rip-off is going the other way. after all,
no one forces anyone buy from microsoft, AT&T, etc., but people do steal from
them, whenever they have the opportunity. not everyone, of course, but certainly
some do.

these companies provide products and/or services that you are free to
purchase or not, as you see fit or can afford.

	-paul