The "Secure" version of Netscape for Linux is *NOT*

Tom Weinstein tomw at netscape.com
Thu Aug 1 20:11:50 PDT 1996

Alan Olsen wrote:

> I just installed the "secure" version of Netscape off of the "US Only"
> download site.
>
> Seems that it is actualy the international version and not the 128 bit
> version.

What makes you think you got the export version?

Here's one way to find out.  If you look in the Security Preferences
panel under the Options menu, there are two "Configure" buttons for
configuring what ciphers are enabled for SSL 2 and SSL 3.  The domestic
version supports a greater variety of options, including triple DES.

--
You should only break rules of style if you can    | Tom Weinstein
coherently explain what you gain by so doing.      | tomw at netscape.com