A Libertine Question

Lucky Green shamrock at netcom.com
Thu Aug 1 02:50:11 PDT 1996

At 11:12 7/31/96, Duncan Frissell wrote:

>Most demands for ID and conformations with police involve the operation of
>motor vehicles.  I have never been "IDed" except at border crossings and
>when I was operating motor vehicles.  Clean and dressed up people are rarely
>IDed on foot.  Maybe you should mention some of the specific practices in
>Seattle that disturb you.

I have been IDed numerous times for no other reason than walking on the
sidewalk at a late hour in an area where most people use cars to go to the
7/11 down the block. Southern California is especially bad in this regard.
A friend, who had the same problem, finally got a dog. After that the cops
left her alone. Seems walking your dog is a legitimate reason to be out at
night...

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock at netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.