Former CIA Director and *Strategic Investment* Editor

jim bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Tue Apr 30 18:57:52 PDT 1996

At 01:59 AM 4/30/96 +0100, Ed Carp wrote:
>On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Dr. Dimitri Vulis wrote:
>
>> jim bell <jimbell at pacifier.com> writes:
>> >
>> > Don't tell me, let me guess:  The guy who rented the canoe to him has
>> > suddenly retired, and has been reportedly seen going on a Park Avenue
>> > shopping spree.  Right?
>>
>> Jim, I don't find dumb jokes about dead people I liked particularly funny.
>
>CNN is reporting that although the search is continuing, the authorities
>are presuming Colby drowned in a boating accident.

I'd like to hear more about the timeline.  From a snippet I heard yesterday,
he telephoned his wife and said he'd be renting a canoe.  Okay, who and why
did "they" visit a cabin (?) to find him? (If somebody called me from a
cabin, and he had a telephone, I would not consider his failure to later
answer the phone to be particularly suspicious...)

 And one version I heard said that the canoe was at the cabin.  How often do
fatal canoe accidents occur what might have been a few feet from shore?
(You can't sink a modern canoe, especially a rental, because they have
floats under the seats to prevent this.)   We can't tell, because the
information being released is so sparse.

Somebody's not telling us the whole story.