[Joke] It Takes a Village

attila attila at primenet.com
Tue Apr 30 17:44:04 PDT 1996

** Reply to note from cpunk at remail.ecafe.org 04/30/96 10:49am +0100

	well, might as well flesh it out and get the rest of us who
    were slighted --and don't forget yourself.

	if you can not laugh at yourself occasionally, check your pulse

= Friend,
=
= Here's Timothy May, the self-appointed village headman.
= He's surrounded by a bunch of arse-kissing accolytes:
= -"Gosh, I thought that Java was garbage, but now that Tim mentions
it,
= it's the best thing in the world"
= -"Tim's right, Java is terrific."
=
= Village Jester: "Tim's dead wrong.  Java isn't good--it's great!"
=
= Then there's Perry Metzger, the local squire, who's embittered over
the
= fact that, while he's got some worthwhile things to say, he's always
= overpowered by the "charisma" and new clothes of May.
=
= Jim Bell, village idiot.  He's always good sport for the village
bully,
= Black Unicorn.  His pretentions aside ("the black unicorn has been in
= my family crest for a thousand years"), he is in actuality a short,
= portly Philadelphia accountant by the name of Irving Lipshitz-Groins.
=
= Cordially,
=
= Your village historian

--
Overseeing first-rate programmers is a managerial challenge
  roughly comparable to herding cats.