trusting the processor chip

Snow snow at crash.suba.com
Sun Apr 28 01:13:50 PDT 1996

On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, jim bell wrote:
[...]
> and will be very hard to separate.  If it is possible to replace a keyboard
> chip with a Trojan Horse, the one desired target will be far more identifiable.

	Why go thru all the hassle when software would be easier? Or a
very small camera placed in the ceiling watching the keyboard?

	It would seem to me that building a hacked chip that did
_everything_ that the original did plus would be a lot more difficult
(think Fab Plants, tool up costs, engineering) than just faking an alien
abduction...

Petro, Christopher C.
petro at suba.com <prefered>
snow at crash.suba.com