[NOISE] What is "laser material"?

Simon Spero ses at tipper.oit.unc.edu
Fri Apr 26 04:49:16 PDT 1996

÷On Thu, 25 Apr 1996, Bill Frantz wrote:
> >   Nautilus would be beamed from a truck capable of firing 50
> >   shots before requiring more laser material.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what "more laser material" means?

I think it's something nasty like a flouride of some kind (I seem to
remember reading that the biggest problem with anti-missile lasers has
been stopping them frm disolving the pongos firing it.

Definitely sounds nice if it works. I've had scuds fired at me and I
didn't enjoy it :)

---
They say in  online country             So which side are you on boys
There is no middle way                  Which side are you on
You'll either be a Usenet man           Which side are you on boys
Or a thug for the CDA                   Which side are you on?
  National Union of Computer Operatives; Hackers, local 37   APL-CPIO