[NOISE] [Wager: Seeming Resolution]

jim bell jimbell at pacifier.com
Wed Apr 24 22:13:18 PDT 1996

At 04:16 AM 4/25/96 +0000, Jonathon Blake wrote:

>	Jim:
>
>On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, jim bell wrote:
>
>> Notice that he hasn't presented what he would claim to be the scope of the
>> conditions, which suggests that he's going to try to spring them on me
>
>	I haven't seen a list of your conditions yet.
>
>	How about placing your minimally acceptable requirements
>	for accepting Black Unicorn's Wager.

At the very least, he'd have to IDENTIFY himself at least to the extent that
I have done so.  Name, address, telephone number, etc.

>> the examples quoted in that SC decision, which were cited as exceptions to
>> 5th amendment protections in the US, all of them represent examples which
>> were only considered technologically useful in the last 100 years, the
>> oldest being fingerprinting.  Given this, it is easy to conclude that there
>
>	Which makes it interesting that he provides an Ecclesiastical
>	Court Decision from the Seventeenth Century.
>
>	It isn't the US, but you haven't made an limitations
>	as to which legal system is acceptable.

As you quoted me above, you are aware that my point was that the SC-listed
exceptions to the 5th amendment were recent and didn't have older US
precedent.  I claimed that there was no logical reason to believe that such
claimed exceptions were anything other than comparatively recent excuses
given to allow violations of the 5th amendment.   While I am not totally
disinterested in foreign examples, that was NOT the area under discussion. A
foreign example is irrelevant because it does not challenge my claim. Notice
that Unicorn has studiously avoided my original observation.