"You have been deleted"

Alan Bostick abostick at netcom.com
Wed Apr 24 14:37:57 PDT 1996

In article <ada2fe6f030210045e74@[205.199.118.202]>,
tcmay at got.net (Timothy C. May) wrote:

> Theory 1:
>
> While working through the examples for Day Eight of "Teach Yourself Java
> for Macintosh in 21 Days," I accidentally created a rogue applet which
> enabled a virus developed in Bulgaria to enter my system. From there, it
> infected several other computer systems, including a Sony PlayStation, a
> Foonley, and several Exidy Sorcerers. Service to Northern California is
> only now being restored.
>
> Theory 2:
>
> The Men in Black finally had enough, especially of my theft of their domain
> name (Blacknet). At 9:09 a.m., PDT, Clinton's black helicopter detoured on
> its route and landed on my hill, abducting me for medical experiments I am
> too embarrassed to describe (except that Chelsea was also involved). I am
> back now, albeit subtly changed (for the better).
>
> Theory 3:
>
> My ISP, got.net, had a router failure on its "ZNEt" link to the outside world.
>

> Take your pick. Or maybe we should vote? The social construction of
> reality, and all.
>
> Alas, sometimes the truth is too banal.

It's a clever piece of misdirection, "Tim", but it just won't work.

You know as well as I that that was no router failure at all, but an
unavoidable side-effect of putting the man-in-the-middle connection that
directs all electronic communications to or from the real Tim May through
the Blue Cube at Onizuka Air Force Base.

Poor Tim - getting a sanitized, innocuous Internet feed.  Possibly none
the wiser for it.

I bet you're having fun, whoever you are, with the chance to make a
monkey out of Tim.  But we're on to you, and it's only a matter of time
before Tim is, too.

- --
Alan Bostick               | They say in online country there is no middle way
mailto:abostick at netcom.com | You'll either be a Usenet man or a thug for the CDA
news:alt.grelb             |    Simon Spero (after Tom Glazer)
http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~abostick