"Separate but equal" as a racist doctrine

Asgaard asgaard at sos.sll.se
Wed Apr 24 14:17:18 PDT 1996

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, tallpaul wrote:

> People who wish to organize for racist ideology behind this doctrine while
> proclaiming they are not racists merely place themselves in the old racist
> camp. Their organizing for (and their denials of) racist ideology does not
> make them less racist, just less honest.

I agree that separatism smells of true racism.

Perhaps it's no use trying to adhere to the original interpretation
of the term racism, since it has broadened with time to include
everyone who is not a strong supporter of affirmative action and
such. But debatings would gain from a strict definition of racism:
Believing that races are significantly genetically different visavi
intelligence or moral standards. I regard myself as not the slightest
racist (if a Bantu is adopted into Swedish culture as an infant he
becomes a Swede, regardless of skin colour) but a bit of a _culturist_:
Believing that all cultures are _not_ equal in terms of collective
intellectual inheritage and moral standards. Currently, the politically
correct refuse to distinguish between racism and culturism, thus
confusing a lot of issues.

Asgaard

PS The supreme culture is the Nordic, pre-Christian anarchy, of course.
:-)