java security

Dan Weinstein dan at vplus.com
Mon Apr 22 21:39:38 PDT 1996

On Sun, 21 Apr 1996 23:35:38 -0700, you wrote:

>Were they Java, or JavaScript?  Much different.  Among other things,
>JavaScript runs on Win3.1, and Netscape doesn't let you turn it off.
>I've had at least one event of JavaScript crashing Netscape; the part
>of the script I noticed was scrolling lots of stuff along the bottom
>(Hail Eris!  All Hail Discordia!  Etc. Etc.) but maybe there was more.
>#					Thanks;  Bill
># Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com, +1-415-442-2215

You can turn off JavaScript, but you must be running 2.01 or later.

Dan Weinstein
djw at vplus.com
http://www.vplus.com/~djw
PGP public key is available from my Home Page.
All opinions expressed above are mine.

"I understand by 'freedom of Spirit' something quite definite -
the unconditional will to say No, where it is dangerous to say
No.
           Friedrich Nietzsche