OS/2 encryption

JonWienke at aol.com JonWienke at aol.com
Mon Apr 22 16:34:16 PDT 1996

In a message dated 96-04-21 22:11:06 EDT, Lucky Green  wrote:

>Back up the HD to tape (encrypt the data on the tape). Move the tape out of
>reach. And don't tell anyone, especially not this list, that you did that.

Personally, I recommend the Syquest EZdrive over tape.  The EZ is a fully
functional (bootable, too) 130 MB hard drive ($200 for an IDE internal model,
also available in SCSI and parallel port versions)  that uses removable
cartridges ($20 each) for storage.  Most backup programs let you back up to a
hard drive, which is much faster than tape, and more reliable as well.  Ditto
the bit about storing the backups (whatever media) somewhere the CO$ will
never find them, and keeping your mouth shut about it.