Add-in encryption module to Netscape

Peter Trei trei at process.com
Mon Apr 22 10:49:59 PDT 1996

runner at asiapac.net

> Hi,
>
> Lurking here for quite some time until now a real problem has come up and I
> need help here.
>
> I'm not in the US of A and the Netscape commerce server that my employer
> recently purchased has only 48bit key (as told by the salesman). My question is
> whether it is possible to add-in my own security module (RSA) and secondly, how
> difficult is it? The salesman cannot answer me.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Funny, this looks an awful lot like a query (with an apparently real name
attached) which appeared in www-security last week from Malaysia.

I'm aware of the following servers, available outside the US, which
claim to offer 128 bit SSL encryption:

Apache-SSL
 Unix
 see http://www.algroup.co.uk/Apache-SSL
 free, commercial support available.
 supports client authentication
 Available from British sites

Sioux
 Unix (solaris)
 see ftp://ftp.inect.co.za/pub/products/sioux/ANNOUNCE
 support client authentication
 Based on Apache
 2500 Rand
 Available from South Africa

Alibaba
 NT/Win95
 see http://alibaba.austria.eu.net/
 Available from Austria
 US $599

Zeus
 Very nice website at http://www.zeus.co.uk/
 Unix
 999 UK #
 Available from Britain

COSMOS
 Unix
 Nice site at http://www.ristech.com/SOMMAIRE/B_PRODUITS/INTERNET/
 WebCompare claims this has SSL2, but I can't find a mention of their
 Website. US $2000 and up. Available from France.

For a survey of web servers, I strongly recommend WebCompare:

 http://www.webcompare.com

Peter Trei