OS/2 encryption

mirele at xmission.com mirele at xmission.com
Sun Apr 21 10:11:26 PDT 1996

In <Pine.SUN.3.91.960421035428.21453D-100000 at polaris.mindport.net>, on
04/21/96 at 03:55 AM,
   Black Unicorn <unicorn at schloss.li> said:

>On Sat, 20 Apr 1996 mirele at xmission.com wrote:

>> I have received a lot of comment about my request for OS/2
>> encryption...perhaps I didn't make myself clear.

>[...]

>> *That's* why I inquired about disk security.  Not because I'm trying to
>> hide something from Scientology...but because I don't appreciate people
>> messing around with something that I've worked very hard on.

>Not to get too out of hand, but how is encryption going to prevent
>deletions?

Well, anything to slow them down.  It was reported to me that when Dennis
Erlich was raided last year, they rendered his computer unbootable because
of the deletions they had made.  As it is, I haven't been able to find an
appropriate security utility beyond PGP (which I've been using for over a
year anyway).  So this discussion is moot.

Look folks.  *This* is what it's about.  I like a little humour.  So what
I've been doing is taking *posted* documents and running them through a
filter (the "encheferizer" of alt.swedish.chef.bork.bork.bork) and then
reposting them to alt.religion.scientology.  I have been doing this for
over a year.  It's only been recently that (a) the Church <spit> started
cancelling them and (b) that they started threatening me over it.

And then the humourless gits of the Church <spit> went to the trouble to
get an attorney in New York City to threaten me.  I'm taking the threat
very seriously.  This (looking for more secure ways to keep my computer
from being trashed) is part of it.

(If people would like to read the letter I received from the Church
<spit>, either read alt.religion.scientology, where it has been posted, or email me and I will send you a copy.)

Deana M. Holmes
mirele at xmission.com