(Fwd) Re: GPS-based authentication (response)

Peter Trei trei at process.com
Fri Apr 19 13:37:32 PDT 1996

As many of you will remember, I wrote last week to Dorothy Denning
and Peter McDoran, describing some of the reservations expressed
on the cpunk list concerning their 'cyberlocator' scheme. They've
both responded, but not in a terribly helpful form.

Denning wrote back quickly to say that she was going out of town,
and that her colleague would respond.

MacDoran took 6 days to reply, and then only to say that if my
employer entered into a non-disclosure agreement with ISR Inc,
then all my concerns "would be addressed".

I wrote back to MacDoran, suggesting that open disclosure of their
techniques would build confidence in their product, and requesting
permission to repost his letter to the cpunk list. He has not responded
after 24 hours.

Peter Trei
ptrei at acm.org

Peter Trei