Clinton blathering about Internet

Tom Cooper tcooper at wwa.com
Thu Apr 18 11:32:13 PDT 1996

> To be fair, I don't see any blathering, just "expressions of concern." The
> blathering quote comes from the SPLC, not Clinton.

Get real dude. Of course it's blathering. Either he really is that stupid
or he's trying to appeal to people's ignorant fears about the Net as some
sort of Satanic gathering place, just to get reelected.

Personally, I think that his intelligence is way over rated. He's turning
out to be just another hillbilly redneck in the White House. First
Clipper, then censorship, now fear mongering. I can't believe that a
former pot smoking, philandering, draft dodger could be such a dupe. Or is
it dope.

> Clinton, though, is pushing the unconstitutional "anti-terrorism"  bill,
> which is all blather, and worse, he's letting the Republicans add an
> unrelated rider that emasculates habeus corpus.
>
> -rich

Letting the Republicans? Clinton's on their side all the way.