"STOP SENDING ME THIS SHIT"

Bill Frantz frantz at netcom.com
Wed Apr 17 17:15:33 PDT 1996

This rash of postings reminds me of a technique to harass someone by
telephone.  You note that pager companies are usually assigned a block of
telephone numbers.  So you program your auto-dialer to dial each in turn
and then send your target's number.  Result: your target gets a lot of,
"Why did you page me?" calls.  (My collage roommate had fun in high school
by dialing two "random" numbers on his two line phone and then connecting
them together and listening to the result.)

The analogy here is to spoof mail addresses to subscribe your target to
high-volume mailing lists.  If you want to attack the list as well, even
better.

Can someone be subscribed to cypherpunks and not get the welcome message?

Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
(408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at netcom.com | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA