None

s1113645 at tesla.cc.uottawa.ca s1113645 at tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Tue Apr 16 10:56:23 PDT 1996

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996, K00l Secrets wrote:

> > If the Diffie-Hellmann patent covers all kind of public key crypto,
> > you need a license from Cylink, i.e. BSAFE is not enough, and if it
> > doesn't you can use El Gamal without a license.
>
> Are there any freely available implementations of El Gamal?
Wei Dai's crypto++ has pretty much everything, in c++.
<http://www.eskimo.com/~weidai> has the info and a pointer to
the latest version (2.0) at an export-controlled-site.

The old versions, (1.0 still has the algorithms RSADSI disputed)
are available in <ftp://ftp.utopia.kacktic.nl/pub/replay/pub/crypto/LIBS>
under the names crypto10.zip and crypto11.zip (I think). I didn't see 2.0 .

I think Hal Finney's has some of it ported to Java. ( www.portal.com is
inaccessible at the moment)