None

Alan Olsen alano at teleport.com
Tue Apr 16 06:46:40 PDT 1996

At 01:15 AM 4/16/96 -0500, K00l Secrets wrote:
>> If the Diffie-Hellmann patent covers all kind of public key crypto,
>> you need a license from Cylink, i.e. BSAFE is not enough, and if it
>> doesn't you can use El Gamal without a license.
>
>Are there any freely available implementations of El Gamal?

>From what I remember, RSA had made various legal threats to anyone using El
Gamal.  (They claimed it was covered under their patents.)  Since the
Cylink/PKP blowup, I am not certain of the status of this algorithm.

Does anyone have more information on the current status of El Gamal?
---
Alan Olsen -- alano at teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano at teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon