What can the judge do to me?

Black Unicorn unicorn at schloss.li
Tue Apr 16 03:30:43 PDT 1996

On Mon, 15 Apr 1996, Bill Frantz wrote:

> At  7:51 PM 4/15/96 -0400, Black Unicorn wrote:
> >Even contracts are in the end enforced by government in the United States.
>
> The fact the illegal contracts can't be enforced is responsible for most
> "drug" violence.

Hmmm.  Interesting point.  But would admitting you had a contract with
Fred to smuggle 100 kilos of herion into the United States be a waiver of
your Fifth Amendment right against self incrimination?  (I think most
certainly so).

Even if that could be enforced in civil proceedings, it would hardly
encourage litigants to just come to court instead of shooting themselves.

> Bill Frantz       | The CDA means  | Periwinkle  --  Computer Consulting
> (408)356-8506     | lost jobs and  | 16345 Englewood Ave.
> frantz at netcom.com | dead teenagers | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA

---
My preferred and soon to be permanent e-mail address:unicorn at schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information
Opp. Counsel: For all your expert testimony needs: jimbell at pacifier.com