Trojan Horse Loose On The Internet

Paul S. Penrod furballs at netcom.com
Tue Apr 16 01:50:22 PDT 1996

Yes, the PKZIP 3.0 virus does exist, but it is a trojan, not a virus. You
have to run the program - then it does a dance on your disk with less
than pleasurable results. The latest official version of PKZIP I know of is
2.04g. Any other version greater than this should be suspect.

...Paul

"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there
 is no need to do so, almost everybody gets busy on the proof"

                                            -- John Kenneth Galbraith

"Success is attending a funeral as a spectator"

                                            -- E. BonAnno