[Yadda Yadda] Re: Any examples of mandatory content rating?

Black Unicorn unicorn at schloss.li
Sun Apr 14 04:56:00 PDT 1996

On Sat, 13 Apr 1996, jim bell wrote:

> At 10:59 AM 4/13/96 -0400, Black Unicorn wrote:

> >Still, governments are quite talented at making ratings schemes look
> >voluntary when practically speaking they are not.
>
> You know, it's amazing how you fail to ask and answer obvious questions when
> they arise!  Why, exactly, should the government NEED to "make ratings
> schemes look voluntary when practically speaking they are not"?

(Snore)  If you need me to explain this to you.....

  After  all,
> you would love to take the position that the government has this authority
> anyway.  Is it possible you're just afraid to admit that the government(s)
> doesn't have this authority?

You have no idea what my position is, so you have to invent it.

Really you grow quite boring.  This begins to fall into pattern behavior.

> system would collapse.  At that point, there will be no government "threat"
> to regulate, because everybody will realize that the system is working just
> fine without regulation.  Everyone will see an unregulated Internet, and
> nobody will see a powerful need to regulate it.

If you bothered to read what I said, you would notice that you just
repeated it nearly exactly.

---
My preferred and soon to be permanent e-mail address:unicorn at schloss.li
"In fact, had Bancroft not existed,       potestas scientiae in usu est
Franklin might have had to invent him."    in nihilum nil posse reverti
00B9289C28DC0E55  E16D5378B81E1C96 - Finger for Current Key Information
Opp. Counsel: For all your expert testimony needs: jimbell at pacifier.com