Watch your language, Shabbir.

s1113645 at tesla.cc.uottawa.ca s1113645 at tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Sat Apr 13 20:02:02 PDT 1996

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, jim bell wrote:

> Look, very carefully, at the last paragraph quoted above.  Mr. Safdar says,
> "No reasonable person is objecting to the FBI's right to conduct a wiretap."

That's right. Because no reasonable person thinks they can convince Congress
or the Supremes otherwise. It isn't impossible, but energies are best spent
elsewhere, like getting the Burns bill passed.

Now none of us think wiretaps are a right and I presume Shabbir isn't
much of a fan either or he wouldn't take the trouble of supporting
something that makes wiretapping pointless (crypto). But we and he are
not Washington and there lies all the difference.

Do remember, Jim, that just 'cause most of this list is libertarian
doesn't mean that the rest of the world is. I'm thankful that they can
occasionally agree with us horsepeople, despite the hysteria. Be polite.

Flames > /dev/null