On computer face recognition:

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Apr 12 15:27:38 PDT 1996

At 7:14 PM 4/11/96, David Loysen wrote:

>Take a peak at http://www.neci.nj.nec.com/homepages/lawrence/papers. One of
>Lawences papers is on using Neural networks to recognize faces. Methinks
>that the state of the art is advancing rapidly and such problems as not
>looking at the camera or changing your expression are rapidly being overcome.

One system I read up on a few years ago relied heavily on ear shape....it
seems that the profile of ears varies tremendously and ear profiles are
fairly easy to get a kind of hash of, assuming the ear profile is not
obstructed by hair.

"Get a haircut" may once again return to favor.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!