First Seven-Year-Old to Encrypt Solo!

Timothy C. May tcmay at got.net
Fri Apr 12 06:23:53 PDT 1996

I know Perry dislikes anything that smacks of mention of our personal lives
and that is not related to the IPv95 specs, but this is of interest, I
think. If not, ignore it and go back to reading the thread du jour.

On Saturday many of us--several dozen Cypherpunks, at least--had a beach
party/cookout on Tunitas beach, between Pescadero and Half Moon Bay,
roughly 30 miles south of San Francisco and 50 miles north of Santa Cruz.
Arranged by Doug Barnes, with help from Jim McCoy amongst others, it was a
blast. We looked at Comet Hyakutake, though no longer at peak brightness,
and even used the night vision scope provided by Jay Holovacs. Numerous CPs
in attendance, including Sandy Sandfort, Eric Hughes, Bill Stewart, Sameer
Perekh, Jude Milhon, Jay Campbell, Eric Hollander, Russell Whittaker,
Romana Machado, and on and on. (Sorry if I left anyone out...it got dark
and I didn't seen everyone, anyway.)

Ironically, the little girl who died today in a plane crash stunt was from
Pescadero, and took off yesterday from Half Moon Bay's airport. It has no
direct relevance to us, but is an interesting coincidence, given the small
sizes of these towns.

Synchronicity happens. If Sameer can paraphrase Freud, I can paraphrase Jung.

--Tim May

Boycott "Big Brother Inside" software!