Protocols at the Point of a Gun

Bill Stewart stewarts at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 12 02:01:35 PDT 1996

>At 9:48 4/10/96, Duncan Frissell wrote:
>[...]
>>We know that governments would like to impose things like the Simple
>>Tax Transfer Protocol on the Net as well as Is A Person (and Is A Minor)
>>Protocols.

There was a recent discussion on a radio talk show that the IRS is now
requiring some large class of taxpayers who submit estimated taxes
to do so electronically.  The host and callers weren't sure of any of the
details (such as exactly who's covered and whether you can deduct the
computer you had to buy to submit your taxes electronically :-)
but obviously they read Duncan's phrase about Simple Tax Transfer Protocol
and decided to implement it real fast....
#					Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts at ix.netcom.com, +1-415-442-2215