On computer face recognition:

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Apr 11 09:49:40 PDT 1996

At 11:45 AM 4/9/96 -0500, K00l Secrets wrote:
> Well, the systems I have seen are quite good at finding people's eyes.
> Scaling (for distance), and rotation (for the angle of your head)
> therefore don't really confuse the system once it has your eyes.

Finding the eyes can only control for rotations in the plane of
the image, when you tilt your head to one side.  They cannot
handle the much more common case of 3D rotations, where you
look slightly to the right or slightly to the left of camera.
Facial expressions also throw them badly.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd at echeque.com