No matter where you go, there they are.

JonWienke at aol.com JonWienke at aol.com
Thu Apr 11 04:32:49 PDT 1996

>Or course, I could be completely missing some neat feature of
>DGPS. I really don't know the details of how it works and this
>could be completely wrong. Any thoughts?

Because of the fluctuations in the signals, random and otherwise, you would
be detected if you used recordings that were more than a few seconds old.
 However, if you delayed all but one of the satellite signals by a few
milliseconds (or fractions thereof) to get the desired phase relationship,
you could effectively fake your position, and the delay would be masked by
the delays inherent in the Net by a pretty good margin.  The longer the
average packet transfer delay between you and the other party, the farther
you could fake your position from your real one without being detected.

Jonathan Wienke