English translation of "Le Grand Secret" complete!

Declan B. McCullagh declan+ at CMU.EDU
Tue Apr 9 05:54:02 PDT 1996

The English translation of the banned book "Le Grand Secret" is complete!

If your French is a little rusty, and you're curious about the book
that caused the French government such headaches, you may want to
check out:
  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~declan/le-secret/

A group of volunteers performed this work without compensation. (I
solicited help with the translation by putting a note on my web pages.)
A German translation is now in progress, and I expect to have the text
online by this summer.

-Declan

   ------------------------------

   THE BIG SECRET
   By Dr. Claude Gubler
   http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~declan/le-secret/

Chapters and translators:

     * Chapter 1
     * Chapter 2
     * Chapter 3 (Michel Eytan)
     * Chapter 4 (Francoise R. Corey)
     * Chapter 5 (Jennifer FitzGerald)
     * Chapter 6 (Jonathan Wallace)
     * Chapter 7
     * Chapter 8 (E. Dean Detrich)
     * Chapter 9 (Kris Shapar)
     * Chapter 10 (Jean-Michel Prima)
     * Chapter 11
     * Chapter 12
     * Chapter 13 (Andrea Crain)

     Because of the sensitive political nature of this work, not everyone
     who helped translate Le Grand Secret into English wished to be
     listed here. Above are the names of those who chose to be
     identified. However, everyone who volunteered deserves thanks for
     donating their time and making this important work available to a
     wider audience.

     Andrea Crain, in particular, has spent endless hours coordinating
     this effort and ensuring the high quality of the final translation.
     Thanks, Andrea, for all your work.

     -Declan McCullagh, April 7, 1996