(Fwd) British Study Claims That Photo Credit Cards Don't Work

Declan B. McCullagh declan+ at CMU.EDU
Mon Apr 8 14:46:26 PDT 1996

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 8-Apr-96 (Fwd) British Study Claims
.. by "Deranged Mutant"@UNiX.a
>      The results of Dr. Kemp's supermarket experiment proved very
> interesting.  In all, the majority of fraudulent cards were
> accepted.  Amazingly, 35 per cent of the cards bearing a
> photograph of someone completely different from the student were
> accepted.  A massive 64 per cent of cards bearing a similar
> individual were also accepted.  Another factor which seems to

Fascinating stuff. I've used Mike Godwin's driver's license to buy a
beer when I didn't have mine with me. And, trust me, we look nothing
alike.

-Declan