NetScape's dependence upon RSA down for the count!

Don Stephenson Don.Stephenson at Eng.Sun.COM
Sat Sep 30 17:15:57 PDT 1995

I haven't read the SSL spec for a while but my understanding was that
the server passed it's public key to the client via a certificate
signed by a mutually trusted certificate authority (i.e., Verisign).

How would the filter be able to forge such a certificate ?

- Don