Export/import of chips

John D. Ervin jervin at netpath.net
Fri Sep 29 20:13:48 PDT 1995

I deal with Importers from Taiwen, Hong kong, Korea, and China on a daily
basis.

Because the deals I get on components is very good...

They are name brand and meet FCC Standards when assembled as systems, but when
imported as components they are generally worthless, until assembled

How is import or export of Encryption related components monitored ??

Microprocessors can be imported and exported, as can boards..
As Junk....

Nobody Checks these shipments ??

Now if some of those boards did encryption/decryption, and they were paired
with a processor, They could do some damage..

But when imported and exported as components (ie Electronic Junk) who is to
tell what the end usage is really for ??

This is how a Toyota, Datsun, Subaru, etc are really American built and are
American Cars.....
jervin at netpath.net