Netscpae & Fortezza (Or, say it Ain't so, Jeff?)

hallam at w3.org hallam at w3.org
Fri Sep 29 11:41:12 PDT 1995

>I for one am against any kind of GAK on moral grounds.  I also think
>that trying to implement mandatory GAK in a software only system
>would be a nightmare.

If people care to look at my very old Shen work they will see a key
escrow facility. This was installed becase as a network administrator
at a sensitive site.

I'm a big fan of key escrow. I just don't think I should be forced to
use it on a public network by a government. I need the ability to secure
internal channels inside certain sites however. I don't think I want the
Whitehouse running with each staffer providing their own personal encryption
system.

	Phill.