macworld crypto articles

Steve Bryan sbryan at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Wed Sep 27 12:13:05 PDT 1995

>> In article <4444rl$nrh at life.ai.mit.edu> Chen writes:
>> > It's truly a deplorable state of affairs.
>>
>> For the next version, include PGP free with every version of Quicken,
>> and have Quicken just "call" PGP.
>>
>> Of course, users can encrypt their files now with PGP.  Is there an
>> Intuit bboard where someone could post instructions?
>
>This is a good idea.  I'll bring it up with the appropriate people.
>
>Right now, we only have some cheesy forums going on Compuserve and
>Prodigy; however, keep your eyes peeled.  We have other stuff in the
>works.

PGP is probably too unweildy for the non-hobbyist to comfortably use. I don't know if anyone else has suggested it but I'd strongly encourage Intuit to make CryptDisk for the Mac easily available. I use it to maintain an encrypted partition for my financial data and the user interface is quite simple. I believe the DOS equivalent is SecureDisk.