Hegel

Bob Bruen, MIT Lab for Nuclear Science BRUEN at mitlns.mit.edu
Wed Sep 27 06:32:06 PDT 1995

James Caldwell wrote:

>On 25 Sep 95 at 0:06, Hroller Anonymous Remailer wrote:
>It's called the Hegelian Diclectic(sp?) first postulated by William
>Hegel (an ass) in Germany approx the 1600's as a method for social change
>when none could otherwise be achieved.

  Just for a reality check, Georg Wilhelm Hegel (1770-1831), was not an ass,
  but rather a brilliant philospher, even if you do like his views. I am
  guessing you are refering to his "dialectic", which was simply an observation
  of the way history worked:  Thesis <---> Antithesis

                                   Synthesis

   The synthesis then becomes the new thesis and history moves. It was not
   proposed as a method of social change, but rather a description of how
   history moves. It is always better to some of idea of what you are talking
   about before you make such rash, critical statements.

   Sorry for the noise to the list.

                              Bob